Get the latest updates on NC State's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and access resources to stay informed. Learn more here.
Dr Maxine P Atkinson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 919-515-9001
Teaching and Research Interests
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Sociology of the Family and Gender (especially the economic relationship between spouses)
- Aging (focusing on the relationship between aged persons and their adult children)
- Forthcoming Kathleen Odell Korgen and and Maxine P. Atkinson.
Social Problems in Action. 2nd edition. Los Angeles, CA: Sage Publications
- Forthcoming Maxine P. Atkinson, Kathleen Odell Korgen, and Mary Nell Trautner.
Social Problems in Action. Los Angeles, CA: Sage Publications
- 2018 Kathleen Odell Korgen and and Maxine P. Atkinson.
Sociology in Action. Los Angeles, CA: Sage Publications.
- 2017 Diane L. Pike, Teresa Ciabattari, Melinda Messineo, Renee Monson, Rifat Salam, Theodore C. Wagenaar, Jeffrey Chin, Susan Ferguson, Margaret Weigers Vitullo, Patrick Archer, Maxine P. Atkinson, Jeanne Ballantine, Thomas C. Calhoun, Paula England, Rebecca J. Erickson, Andrea N. Hunt, Kathleen S. Lowney, Susanne B. Maurer, Mary S. Senter and Stephen Sweet.
"The Sociology Major in the Changing Landscape of Higher Education: Curriculum, Careers, and Online Learning” Washington, DC: American Sociological Association.
- 2016 Maxine P. Atkinson and Kathleen S. Lowney.
In the Trenches: Teaching and Learning in Sociology. New York, NY: W.W. Norton.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in The Center for the Study of Aging from Duke University
- Ph.D. in Sociology from Washington State University
- M.A. in Sociology from Georgia State University
- B.S. in Ed. from University of Georgia
- SOC 202 - 008Principles of Sociology11:45 - 01:00 T H111 1911 Bldg
- SOC 710 - 001Teaching Sociology03:00 - 05:45 T205 Winston Hall