- Vita: download vita
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1911 Bldg 305, Box 8107
Raleigh, NC 27695
I am an applied social scientist who helps organizations and the people serving them to ask and answer questions that make a difference.
During graduate school and after graduating with my PhD in sociology, I assisted organizations to frame research questions, and collect and analyze data.
As an attorney, my passion was helping nonprofits and small, community-oriented businesses organizations. Sometimes this was good legal engineering, pure and simple. But my academic background helped me offer scientifically informed advice. For example, in addition to viewing boards of directors as actors in a legal and regulatory framework, I might interpret board dynamics through the prisms of social traps, unacknowledged status dynamics, poorly designed incentive structures, or overconformity. Educating boards and crafting sensible (if occasionally novel) bylaws and policies could then serve legal compliance and address more fundamental problems.
My mission as an NCSU lecturer is to use social science to prepare students for life in organizations fraught with uncertainty and human folly.
Teaching and Research Interests
Research methods & statistics; microsociology and social psychology; attitudes; crime, law & deviance; organizations
- PhD in Sociology from UW-Madison
- MS in Sociology from UW-Madison
- JD in Law from Lewis & Clark Law School
- BS in Psychology from UW-Seattle
- BA in Sociology from UW-Seattle
- Tue: 9:30-12:00
- Wed: 9:30-12:00
- SOC 300 - 001Social Research Methods01:30 - 02:45 M W124 1911 Bldg
- SOC 300 - 201Social Research Methods10:40 - 12:30 W110 1911 Bldg
- SOC 300 - 202Social Research Methods08:30 - 10:14 H110 1911 Bldg
- SOC 301 - 002Human Behavior03:00 - 04:15 M W200 Park Shops
- SOC 429 - 001Quantitative Data Analysis in Sociology04:30 - 05:45 M W111 1911 Bldg