Dr Jeffrey C Leiter
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 919-515-9027
Professor Jeff Leiter earned his PhD in Sociology from the University of Michigan in 1977. He has worked for most of his professional career at NC State University with significant off-campus leaves in France and Australia. He has taught at all levels of the undergraduate curriculum and graduate program. His teaching includes courses in the Master of Liberal Studies and the University Honors programs. His research has ranged widely and has included both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
Teaching and Research Interests
- General interests: the organization of work; commodity chains; and school organization.
- Specific current interests: nonprofit organizations; labor unions; chocolate industry; consequences of child maltreatment for school performance and risk of delinquency.
- Seunghee Choi, Jeffrey Leiter, and Donald Tomaskovic-Devey. 2008. "Contingent Autonomy: Technology, Bureaucracy, and Relative Power in the Labor Process." Work and Occupations 35: 422-55.
- Jeffrey Leiter. 2007. "School Performance Trajectories after the Advent of Reported Maltreatment." Children and Youth Services Review 29: 363-82.
- Jeffrey Leiter. 2005. "Structural Isomorphism in Australian Nonprofit Organizations." Voluntas: International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Organisations 16: 1-31.
- Jeffrey Leiter and Sandra Harding. 2004. "Trinidad, Brazil, and Ghana: Three Melting Moments in the History of Cocoa." Journal of Rural Studies 20: 113-30.
- PhD in Sociology from University of Michigan, 1977
- B.A. in History from Williams College , 1970