Dr Maxine S Thompson
- Vita: download vita
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 919-515-9020
Teaching and Research Interests
- Mental Health: Caregivers of Person with Severe Persistent Mental Illness
- Social Inequality: Race and Gender
- Aging (focusing on relationship between aged persons and their adult children)
- Social Psychology: Coping, Self-esteem, Self-Efficacy
- Thompson, Maxine. 2007. “Violence and the Costs of Caring for Family Member with Severe Mental Illness.” Journal of Health and Social Behavior 48:318-333.
- Thompson, Maxine, Melvin Thomas and Rachel Head*. 2012. “Race, Socioeconomic Status, Self Esteem: The Impact of Religiosity.” Sociological Spectrum 32(5): 385-405.
- Thompson, Maxine and V. Keith. 2001. “The Blacker the Berry: Gender Differences in Skin Tone Effects and Self Esteem and Self Efficacy.” Gender & Society 15(3):336-357.
- Thompson, Maxine, Doris Entwisle, and Karl Alexander. 1992. “The Influence of Family Composition on Children’s conformity to the Student Role.” American Educational Research Journal 29(2): 405-424.
- Alexander, Karl, D.R. Entwisle and M.S. Thompson. 1987. “School Performance, Status Relations, and the Structure of Sentiment: Bringing the Teacher Back In.” American Sociological Review 52(5):665-682.
- Ph.D. in Sociology from University of Wisconsin
- M.A. in Sociology from Memphis State University
- B.A. in Sociology from Memphis State University
- SOC 301 - 001Human Behavior01:30 - 02:45 M W111 1911 Bldg