Dr Steve McDonald
ProfessorDirector of Graduate Programs - SociologySociology
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 919-515-9028
Teaching and Research Interests
- Social Networks / Social Capital
- Work & Labor Markets
- Internet & Society
- Aging and the Life Course
Selected examples (see vita for full list)
- Steve McDonald, Amanda Damarin, Jenelle Lawhorne, and Annika Wilcox. (2019) “Black Holes and Purple Squirrels: A Tale of Two Online Labor Markets.” Research in the Sociology of Work 33: 93-120.
- Steve McDonald and Richard A. Benton. (2017) “The Structure of Internal Job Mobility and Organizational Wage Inequality” Research in Social Stratification and Mobility 47:21-31.
- Steve McDonald, Lindsay Hamm, James R. Elliott, and Pete Knepper. (2016) “Race, Place, and Unsolicited Job Leads: How the Ethnoracial Structure of Local Labor Markets Shapes Employment Opportunities.” Social Currents 3(2):118-137.
- Steve McDonald. (2015) “Network Effects across the Earnings Distribution: Visible and Invisible Job Finding Assistance in the Labor Market.” Social Science Research 49:299-313.
- Steve McDonald and Joshua Lambert. (2014) “The Long Arm of Mentoring: A Counterfactual Analysis of Natural Youth Mentoring and Employment Outcomes in Early Careers.” American Journal of Community Psychology 54:262-273.
- Steve McDonald. (2011) “What's in the "Old Boys" Network? Accessing Social Capital in Gendered and Racialized Networks.” Social Networks 33:317-330.
- Steve McDonald. (2010). "Right Place, Right Time: Serendipity and Informal Job Matching." Socio-Economic Review 8:307-331.
- Steve McDonald, Nan Lin, and Dan Ao. (2009). "Networks of Opportunity: Gender, Race and Unsolicited Job Leads." Social Problems 56:385-402.
- Ph.D. in Sociology from Florida State University, 2004
- M.S. in Sociology from Florida State University, 1999
- B.S. in Sociology from Florida State University, 1997
- CRD 893 - 021Doctoral Supervised ResearchTBA
- SOC 601 - 001Seminar10:40 - 11:30 FOnline Delivery
- SOC 708 - 001Advanced Sociological Analysis01:30 - 02:45 T HOnline Delivery