What can you do with a degree in sociology, criminology or anthropology? Our alumni are leaders in a variety of fields and industries.
Employers value our graduates’ unique perspectives and skillsets. Our alumni think broadly about issues and how to solve them. They understand social change, cultures, what makes us all the same, and what makes us different. Those are desirable traits that have worth in medicine, education, law, business, government and nearly every other sector.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job opportunities for sociologists and anthropologists will grow by 5% during the next decade — faster than the average of all other occupations.
We have a strong track record for helping our students pursue their passions and make their dreams a reality. To give you an idea of where your degree can lead, here is a list of titles for some of our alumni.
- Judge Advocate, U.S. Air Force
- Network Engineer, Verizon
- Social Worker, Johnston Health
- Immigration Case Manager, IBM
- Pilot, American Airlines
- Director, North Carolina Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice
- Attorney, Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Research Analyst, RTI International
- Program Analyst, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Identification Technician, City-County Bureau of Identification
- Detective, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
- Crime Scene Investigator, Houston Forensics Science Center
- Clinical Researcher, IQVIA
- Wildlife Enforcement Officer, State of North Carolina
- Archaeologist, Scientific Consulting Services
- Compliance Specialist, Pfizer
- Lab Technician, North Carolina Museum of History
- Director of Business Development, Major League Soccer
- Professor, Ohio State University
- Graduate Student, University of California, Los Angeles
- Technical Consultant, SAS Institute
NC State’s Career Development Center offers a wide array of resources to help you plan for life after graduation.
Our college’s career identity coach and counselor can assist you in exploring majors and careers, writing or polishing your résumé, finding an internship or job, preparing for graduate school or participating in a mock interview.